Friday 18 May 2012

FMP Big Pieces



Chinese Temple
This is just a simple drawing of a chinese temple. I used pro markers for the colouring which took quite a while for the whole picture to be finished. Real temples usually have more detail than this but I didn't focus on detail much because I was afraid that I would ruin it.
Monkey King
This is one of my other versions of the Monkey King, he is a character of a chinese legend. I used fineliner pens and watercolours to create this piece. The chinese symbols says Monkey and King. I noticed that I drew his left hand a little wrong after I finished the colouring, its not that noticeable though unless you look closely...
Phoenix
I'm proud of how well my Phoenix turned out because I'm usually not this good at painting though I did use some reference. The chinese symbol says Phoenix.
Chinese Lanterns
These chinese lanterns were made out of Chinese red packets stuck together with sellotape. The smaller ones are not of my own designs, I didn't manage to finish them off but they still look pretty. The bigger lantern underneath are of my own designs that i created using a scanned image that I drew in my sketchbook. I'm happy with how it turned out even though it was a hassle to attach the red tassels along the edge. I was going to have these lanterns as my final piece for the project but my tutor told me that I would be better at doing a large scale drawing or painting because it's my specialty. I'm not too disappointed that I can't have these as my final piece because a large painting was one of my top choices to do as a final piece anyway.

Just a few big pieces on my FMP work. I like how they turned out, for some reason I'm able to work better on larger scales of surfaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment